Hours of Work: Full-time, 40 hour week (generally Monday-Friday)
Compensation: $15 to $20 per hour, plus benefits & IRA (after probation period)
Supervisor: Team Leader
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Daily responsibility for work orders and service requests as received by the Co-op or generated by either office or the maintenance team, to be handled as scheduled and unscheduled items occur in a timely manner.
- On-site implementation of the community’s priorities for repairs and replacements of items that are the responsibility of the Cooperative both on the interior and exterior units.
- Understanding of residential maintenance and the ability to perform all basic residential maintenance tasks in a workmanship and professional manner, this working ability is to include demonstrated ability in carpentry, drywall and R&R of all basic fixtures in a typical townhouse unit at Arrowwood Hills.
- Must continue to update skills, acquire certifications when possible and participate in training when offered
- Ability to evaluate symptoms and typical repair & maintenance problems that are encountered in multi-family residential housing – and to communicate this evaluation in recommendation form to supervisory and office staff, as part of a maintenance team for the community.
- Ability to take after-hour emergency calls on a rotating basics – and to provide response services to the satisfaction of members who have emergencies (requiring the attention of the Co-op).
- Demonstrated ability to handle the paperwork requirements of maintenance work to the satisfaction of other team members.
- Demonstrated ability to operate safely in an active work site and to care for and properly maintain tools and equipment as well as one's person and one's co-workers, in situations where injuries or accidents can occur if care is not taken.
- Teamwork and a steady work effort, able to meet the productivity and professional expectations of supervisors, team members and those being served in the community.
- A minimum of two years’ experience and training in residential maintenance and construction, variety of trades.
- Literacy and decision-making skills (especially as relate to repair and maintenance).
- Ability to relate well and respectfully to diverse persons.
- Ability to work as a member of a team (including taking and following through on directions and decisions from others). Also demonstrate reliability and be counted on to maintain good communication to team members and managers.
To apply or with questions, please contact Kim Marcus, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 734-665-3116.